Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Fat Is Exiting the Building: 3.1 Easy Miles


3.1 miles
0.50 miles

total: 3.60 miles

course: Cardinal Fitness Glen Ellyn

A short, post-Christmas workout. I want to add another day to my routine without adding too many miles. Ideally, I'll run tomorrow morning before church, maybe 3-5-4.5 miles, with a few weights.

Today I did just three machines, but have started again doing sit-ups and push-ups at home.


I took a 'before' picture. The plan is to take a shirtless shot weekly. If there's no progress, I won't post them. No one wants to see flabby me. What I hope, of course, is to show a guy can lose 10-15 lbs and increase upper body strength. I don't know what to expect since weights are new to me, but, at least, fat will disappear of I stick with it. If I can figure it out, I'll put them into a video. My cousin's kid took a year of pictures his first year in college and it turned out pretty cool. Something like that.

Why? It will help keep me accountable to myself. By taking the picture, there will be an honest record of what I am, or am not, doing.

Photos
Top: Treadmill #6 just before I ran.
Bottom: Me, two miles into it. Take note of the red, puffy face. I hope to show off a leaner, fitter look come March.

No comments: