Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Sun Might Have Been in My Eyes: 3.5 Miles at Sunrise

3.5 miles (roughly 28:00)

62°F
Mostly Cloudy
Wind: N at 0 mph
Humidity: 93%
course: Coronado Springs resort, around Lago Durango

Here in sunny Florida, I hoped to round up a few long runs. So far, not so. Time, as well as environment, are fighting me. With a sales conference going on, finding two hours to run and warm down is like finding dirt in Disney World. It might be there, but I don't see it.

The environment is not weather. Beautiful, albeit a bit humid. The sun rose slowly into view as I lapped the 0.75 mile course. For a guy running on a treadmill the last couple months, this is perfect.

Sidewalks. The course is concrete. With knees that have known too much of the blonde stuff, I held back. 3.5 miles is not much, but one great run is not worth three mongths of not running. That, and the need to recover quickly enough to get into the respobilities of the morning. Today kicks things off, and I need to be fresh and on my game.

Maybe this evening I can get in another few miles.

No comments: