Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Thursday, July 23, 2009

There and Back Again: Coneflowers Are On the Move

3.4 miles - 33:29.93 (16:42 out, turnaround :03, 16:29.93 back) (9:51/mile)

73°F
Current: Clear
Wind: E at 0 mph
Humidity: 57%
course: COD Loop

finish
71°F
Current: Clear
Wind: E at 0 mph
Humidity: 59%

A slow run, tis true, but it is the longest in a long while. No apologies. No excuses. Thanks to Bob Vishanoff for encouraging me to get out there today. Mind you, he told me as I sucked down a chili-cheese dog and fries and he looked as fit as ever.

Beautiful coneflowers crept outside a fence along the road. I thought how I felt them. My face flushed purple, all hanging low, yet trying to bloom. The sun shines on both myself and the flower.

My new old friend Loretta suggested I think about the famous Disney tune, "It's a Small World." So I did. And I thought how it fit so nicely with the themes I have been dwelling in as of late in the rest of life (obviously running has not dominated my life much recently). Besides thinking a lot about my international friends here, I am inviting my Facebook friends together for an evening of coffee at a favorite cafe, bringing into one place, so some degree, my worlds. One world. As the title of my personal blog says, "All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said." I hummed the tune, and wondered.

1 comment:

YourNightWriter said...

Wow!
It's like GOD used me creatively when I didn't even know it! Gr00vy!