Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

iPodding It for Four Miles

4.0 miles (39:16.44 - 9:49/mile)
1.0 miles hard walk

total: 5.0 miles

80°F
Current: Clear
Wind: N at 3 mph
Humidity: 51%
course: Glenbard South track

Carried my iPod as I ran. Not so easy. 80 GB is heavy. It has, at least, a billion songs, all of them very long. Some heavy metal (get it?) Seriously, it is heavy from a running perspective. If I'm going to do this, an arm band is in order, or a smaller iPod.

I'm tired, and tomorrow will probably not run. I added a mile today, and kept my pace around 9:50. My last lap I picked it up a bit more than I should have, to 1:57 for the 400 - 7:48 pace.

Someone asked me why I log a hard walk. True, in the grand scheme of accumulating LSD, it isn't even a junk mile. It, though, wear-and-tear on my body, especially as I am cannot yet claim fitness. My Achilles hurt, for example. I also burned a good 100 calories in that walk.

Fourth day running within seven days. Haven't done that in many months. February 2009 was my last decent month of running.

(purchase one of these bad boys and I'll get a cut from Amazon)
Apple 80 GB iPod AAC/MP3 Video Player Black (5.5 Generation)

No comments: