Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Thirsty Four Miles

Bass Ale 16oz Viking Pint Glass - Set of 44.0 miles run (36:52 - 9:13/mile)
0.25 miles walked (15:00/mile)

total: 4.25 miles
course: home treadmill

Coach Jim Spivey offered this advice when I asked him how to transition from getting in shape to maintaining fitness, but without speedwork and all that: Change my distance and pace. Simple? Sure. Obvious? Well, yeah. Was I doing it? Not intentionally, but falling into a rut is easy.

So I ran four miles about 45 seconds per mile slower than I had been running five miles. Different muscles, different strides length, different arm motion. The cadence is all different. It is tiring.

Now, a late dinner which will include a cold Bass Ale.

No comments: