Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Friday, November 5, 2010

Stiff But Faster 4.5 Miles

Don't Take Your Guns To Town
4.5 miles run (39:05 - 8:41/mile)
0.5 miles walk (15:00/mile)

total: 5.0 miles
course: home treadmill

I'm hungry. A plate of Hungarian goulash would hit the spot, but it is 10:00 pm as I write. Instead, I had a tangerine, two cups of sugarless lemonade, and a protein bar. No, it doesn't make up for it.

I'm in this partly to get fit, and that goulash will wait. There's none in the fridge, so that helps. I'm seeing minor progress in the fitness department, but not enough to say things have settled. A few pounds. A couple big meals and I'll gain it all back.

My legs feel stiff. The last few days, and the week before, have been more and faster than I have been doing. I know I need to just keeping getting down to business and putting in a few miles and watching the quanity on my plate and the rest will follow.

I love Johnny Cash. The song has nothing to do with running, except that I'm listening to it as I write. Still gets me, this song.

Don't Take Your Guns to Town - Johnny Cash

No comments: