Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Monday, September 20, 2010

New (Old) NordicTrack Treadmill - 2.5 Miles

Nordic Track Professional Series 4000 Treadmill
2.500 run
0.611 walked (15:00/mile)

total: 3.111 miles
course: home treadmill

Breaking in a new treadmill. My first. Picked it up for a sweet $140 at a neighborhood garage sale. Was new for $1,000 (looks something like the newer, better version pictured). My neighbor had to get rid of it, and, though, only had done 106 miles on it, listed it at a great price.

Check out the distance detail - to the 1/1000th. Useless, you say? Why yes, yes it is. However, if you want to run, albeit on a basement treadmill, a true 5,000 meter distance, you need to know when it it hits 3.107 miles. Will 3.1 do? Not if you are as anal as I am about numbers like these.

Did not do so much today. I felt poor, as running goes, and don't yet know the particulars of the machine. I warmed up, then picked it up too soon, realized my bad decision at 1.5 miles, and dropped the speed back down.

No comments: