Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Unfocused, Slow, But Complete Workout

2 mile warm up
6x100 striders
800 (300)
800 [400]
400 (300)
400 [400]
800 (300)
800
600 warm down

total: 6.3125 miles

50°F (dropped to 41°F)
Clear
Wind: N at 8 mph
Humidity: 29%
course: Wheaton College track

Jim was home with the flu, but a decent crowd made it out for a few laps, including newbie John Christiansen. He held his own, and, in fact, seemed to be holding back.

I went into it knowing I was not feeling my best. Not that I was sick. My mind was squirrelly. Unfocused. Add to that my tired showing last week, and a tough night was ahead.

I forgot my watch. No times as such, then, on my intervals. I'm guessing I hovered near 2:00 for the 400s, 4:15 for the 800s. I really did not care tonight what my times were, but that I broke a hard sweat, burnt a few cheeseburgers into caloric oblivion, and completed the workout.

On the agenda will be to get my diet into gear. Better fluid intake, watch the fatty stuff. Not too complicated, but hardly a breeze with my coffee-happy taste buds and love of bad Chinese food.

No comments: