Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Saturday, March 22, 2008

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood (For a Three Mile Run)

Bloomington-Normal Constitution Trail3 miles easy 26:59 (9:15, 9:07, 8:36)
1 mile walk

total: 4 miles

39°F
Mostly Cloudy
Wind: N at 7 mph
Humidity: 46%
course: neighborhood half mile loop

My base was largely, if not entirely, lost over the winter. Now, I need to pile the miles on safely. Hitting the road today was not planned but it was such a nice day that denying the run was no good.

It started slow, but picked up. I was still slower than most of my JSRC warm-ups, but, then again, those often feel too fast. My last mile was merely me feeling better, looser. I think I had a couple more miles in me, but I am saving those for Monday.

I have fat to lose, muscle to gain, and a mileage base to gain. In fact, JSRC running pal Margaret suspects that's what kept me from breaking 20:00 last summer. I agree, and now, I have 1.5 months extra to get it in, plus the reckoning of its necessity.

Time for me to begin thinking about upcoming race options, and how to run through April. I would love to enter May ready, at around 3o miles per week.

pictured: Bloomington-Normal Constitution Trail
I used to run here when I lived in central Illinois

No comments: