Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Friday, October 30, 2009

I Have Decided (and Hopefully Will Decide Regularly) to Run Early - 3.5 Miles

3.50 miles run (30:50 - 8:43/mile)
0.50 miles warm down walk

total: 4.0 miles

course: Cardinal Fitness Glen Ellyn

Getting up early is no trouble. Ready to run early is another problem.

I love writing in the morning. My mind is clear and things are quiet. I can lose myself for hours, and, making the change to run a challenge. This gym I've started with opens at 5:00 am, and the word on the street is if the guy is there, he'll let me in at 4:45 am. I have no excuse as far as opportunity goes; it is all about motivation and decision.

The decision to run first thing in the morning is not some grand, big thing. It is a daily thing. Two days, if you consider the choice to sleep early the night before, as well as what to do when I wake up.

Today, I left home at around 7:15. That's hardly early, but it is earlier than I usually run.

My thighs ache from Monday and Wednesday's run. I thought about upping my run to five miles, but, until the aching subsides, I'll hover under four. The general plan as I once swing back into this running thing is to go every other day until my legs feel OK, then add a mile here and there, add one day, then two, until I am at six days a week.

No comments: