Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Getting the Kinks Out to 4.5 Rockin' Miles

4.5 miles run (39:53 - 8:51/mile)
0.5 miles hard walk warmdown

total: 5.0 miles
course: COD treadmill

Plans were modest: get through the aching from Thursday's workout. I was not surprised to feel achy yesterday, but this morning, those mile repeats clung on.

Plan achieved. The first 3.5 miles were 8:57s, then I picked up to an 8:34 the final mile. The first mile served as a warmup, as my motivation wasn't really there.

Some new tunes on my iPod helped me along. Michael Jackson's Beat It and Wanna Be Starting Something, and the Kinks' You Really Got Me were a few.

The kinks, all puns intended, were worked out. I felt and feel good.

No comments: