Wind: W at 12 mph
course: Neighboorhood half mile
One mile is not much, but it is one mile more than the last two-three months.
I had a goal today: run one lap. I ran two. I have a goal this year: run a lot. How often? That's not a question. Once I get back into it, and Jim is writing workouts for me again, it will be six days/week.
My goal was inspired by a few things.
- Received an e-mail that went to the entire JSRC mailing list. A few are running in a half-marathon. I'm in no position to say yes. I want to, but can't. Not yet.
- Saw my buddy Dave. I keep telling him the reason his weight loss has stagnated is because he doesn't exercise. I still believe that, but I need to practice what I preach.
- Was writing on a discussion board for writers to a guy with shin splint trouble. I have no shin splint trouble, not so long as I'm sitting on my duff. Similar issue as motivation #2.
- Stood on the scale last night at 138.2. lbs. That's not heavy in the grand scheme of things, but it is almost 10 lbs more than just a few months ago.
- And then -- there is that dogged 20:00 mark that flees as I get older. No idea if it is in my reach, but I still want to give it a go.
There it is.
What about you?