Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Clouds and Hawks Overhead on Hot 3.5 Mile Run

3.5 miles (36:51 - 10:32/mile)

total: 3.5 miles

90°F
Current: Mostly Cloudy
Wind: E at 0 mph
Humidity: 56%
course: Glenbard South track

finish
83°F
Current: Mostly Cloudy
Wind: E at 0 mph
Humidity: 83%

A hawk screamed after a crow as I circled the bright black track. Thunderstorm warnings brooded with nimbus clouds, and I wondered if I would have time to get six miles in.

I had time, but I could only get in 3.5 miles. The black hawk must have smiled thinking he could find me laying like carrion in the first lane on the back stretch if I only I would have run another mile. I knew better, and didn't even walk after my run lest I encourage the bird.

Tonight's 10:32 pace isn't even that good. Fairly enough, it is what I ran, but only because my first mile was 9:57, and my second was 10:14. Mile three = 10:54, and the last 800 was 6:46, or 13:32. I met the day head-on, and the day won.

Tomorrow's another day.

Summer in the City
Lovin' Spoonful

No comments: