Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Monday, April 15, 2013

Boston Marathon Bombing

Pray for Boston

As many of you know, I am a runner. I raced this weekend. I won my age group. I ran a 24:10 after starting too fast. That's what this blog is all about: running. Today's Boston Marathon bombings, though, are bigger than running. It could have just as easily been a football or basketball game, or a parade or shopping mall. It wasn't. It was, instead, at the one of the most famous races in the world.

Many runners dream of racing the Boston Marathon. I do. I watched it this morning as a fan, and preparing for a client call (an Olympic runner who might want help writing a speech).

The explosions that blew near the finish line are frightening -- leaving the door open for all kinds of rash speculation. I won't entertain any of that here. I am a runner, and like any distance runner, have known a lot of people who have raced the Boston Marathon. My first thoughts weren't about politics, but about my friends.

My friends are safe and I am thankful to God. That's why I'm saying we should pray.


  • Pray for those injured and their families. 
  • Pray for the businesses who are seeing material damage. 
  • Pray for the authorities to learn definitively what caused the explosion. 
  • Pray for our national leadership in both parties to be wise and careful. 
  • And if you do not believe in prayer, hope.


(originally in a different form posted here)

No comments: