Pages



My Mouth: All of It: One Man, One Place, All Said

On Facebook: Tales, storytelling, fables: http://facebook.com/AnthonyTrendl

Executive Speechwriting: Corporate, Weddings, Retirement

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Tough Day to Be a Runner

2 mile wu
6x100 striders
1 mile (400) (7:47)
1200 (400) (5:45?)
1200 (400) (5:49?)
600 wd

total: 6.0 miles

82°F
Cloudy
Wind: SW at 14 mph
Humidity: 79%
course: Wheaton College track

Tough day at the races today. Humidity listed seems low, but that's what Google thinks. We knew when we hit the Prairie Path it would be hard. No wind in the tree tunnel.

Jim adjusted the workout for some of who were newer. I'm still on the new end of it all. Some of these guys have been training 20+ years. Originally, we were doing 4x1600. As you can see, that's not how it ended.

My pace was close to dead-on, and I tried to keep it steady. I feel good about that.

Rudi reminded me, as he was reminding Margaret, the need to replenish proteins and carbs right after a hard or long run. Growing up, I abided by the opposite idea, that to be disciplined meant learning to avoid the immediate indulgence.

Jim agreed, that after a run, our first job is to recover for the next run. He cited Seb Coe as having said something like, "There is a time to be always tired," implying that it is part of the training sequence. There is a time for everything under the sun, including being tired. I think I'm in that time.

I dream of the cool of autumn.

No comments: